Monday 8 December 2008

*bend Vista over, insert Red Alert disc*

Really chuffed with myself. Managed to get Red Alert (the original version, non-XP or Vista compliant) running on a Vista machine!

Also managed to LAN up the Vista laptop and XP PC, did a bit of fiddling around and now got LAN multiplayer up and running! FUCK YEAH!!

Had my arse handed to me several times last night by Kaz (she's a RA player, I'm more Tiberian Sun), gotta get her back!

I'll update this post later when I'm back home and put links to the files and patches I used.

4 comments:

evensoul said...

Sweet! You'll proabbly find it easier just to use Dosbox - Google it, it opens a little Dos instance within windows, and you basically make you computer think you're booting into the game like in ye old win 95 days.
Best way to get X-wing Vs Tiefighter wroking again!

Pan said...

Yeah, I did consider Dosbox but when I researched its compatability with RA I had loads of users coming back saying that Dosbox can't actually handle it!

Crazy...

Just need to get my hands on a copy of Tiberian Sun now! *grins*

evensoul said...

Tis true, i think dosbox only works on the really old games - tbh i reckon it's ONLY the ones you have to bot into, RA can boot from the Os so yeah, you're right.

fuck, i hate geeks.

Pan said...

heh-heh-heh...

Love you too dude

(you hypocrite!) ;-)