Monday 1 December 2008

Bowling, singing and pulling! (and "The Thrush")

Well it's been a funny ol' weekend.

Had le Fish over for the weekend (still there now!), been keeping him cheery and perky (attemptedly) after his breakup.

Been chatting, smoking, introduced him to Magic: The Gathering (and I think I've got him hooked) and went bowling as well on Sunday.

He said he doesn't bowl much because it's "boring". I think it's other people being pissed off at him being so good! His best round was:

Strike, Strike, 1 to half-strike, Strike, Strike, 9 and miss, Strike, Split 6 and 2, Split 8 and miss, 6 to half-strike and 3... Ended with 165 points (beat Kaz by 60 points and me by 100!!).

Then went back to Ruislip to pick up some of his stuff; had a nice journey there, lots of singing and catching the eyes of pretty ladies (sorry Kaz! lol [she already knows about this]), managed to get Gary to pull (with a bit of assistance ;-)), then went to his, he got his stuff, a bit of hanging around, and then the journey back - laughing all the way.

He asked me about whether I'd be a superhero or a supervillain.

Well it's obvious; supervillian. Far less responsibility. You don't see people going "Ooo Magneto! We're dying! Save us!" He'd meerly sneer at you before you die in your horrible epic-action way.

Which lead onto Superman; Superman is the world's bitch... Anyone's got any problems;
- "Superman! Superman! My cat's stuck up a tree!"
- "Don't worry citizen, I shall save it!"

And he has to do it. No callateral damage either.

Which lead on to Gary asking me what powers I would have as a supervillian. I first decided that I would be a god. Easiest thing to be, no complications. And how would I be a supervillian? Simple... I'd waste other superheros' times. Whilst they're trying to save a nuclear reactor from going critical, I'd give them a call (one of my powers is always being able to get in touch with the superhero I want to irritate) and say something like "Superman..... I've run out of milk... Go get some for me..." And my catchphrase? "No superpowers..." So Superman would have to WALK to Tescos, go and get some milk (obviously dressed as Superman) to only discover that because he's Superman and not Clarke Kent, he's left his wallet behind so he'll have to walk back to mine (or even better, beg!) to get some cash!

And this just went on and on and on, finding more ingenious excuses for wasting their times; "Batman........ I've run out of bog roll, can you get me one please?"
"Is it an emergency?"
"Yes! I'm sitting on the bog now!!! I neeeeed it!!"
"*sighs*"

And my supervillian name?


"The Thrush"...

lol...


-- EDIT --

I found a silly little Marvel Create-a-Superhero thing... Here's my first workings for "The Thrush"


No comments: